Saturday, August 23, 2008

Red Paint "MLK FUCK" and Light Blue Paint "SIRCH" on Blue Cinderblock Benches in Children's Park San Diego CA 9210

This shows a cinder block bench painted blue.  At the top appear the initials MLK in red paint.  Below that is a drawing of breasts, below that a picture of a penis.  Below all is the word FUCKTaken 12 august 2008

This picture shows five cinder block benches painted dark blue.  They each have one leter painted on them.  As far as I can discern the letters are S I R C H  the I has a circle  above it.  The C could be also be an L.Taken on 13 August 2008

The five cinderblock benches with letters painted in light blue have been so decorated for some time now. The letters appear to me to be 'S' 'I' 'C' and 'H'. I am least sure about the 'C' my second guess would be 'L'. The I has a circle above it.

The cinder block benches in the Children's Park in San Diego are a common location of graffiti. The MLK Fuck graffiti with the picture of breast are relatively new. The work is done in a red colour. Though it is perfectly legible I am not sure of its meaning. Martin Luther King, Jr. Promenade runs through Children's Park. I have never seen couples engaging is sexual acts there but there are often couples lying together as night falls.





No comments: